Piano Warrenty/False Beats

Newton Hunt nhunt@jagat.com
Mon, 15 Jan 2001 17:33:52 -0500

"David Ilvedson, RPT" wrote:

> Question:  I service a Ballet Company with numerous studios.  The floors are
> mopped nearly every night and the heat is high during classes.  Will a
> damp-chaser have any hope in those conditions?

Yes.  In uprights it will help prevent the mop water from
killing the bass strings and in the grands it will help
stabilize the tuning and other wood parts.  If the pianos
are moved around you will have water slopping all over the
place and into places you don't want it.  Power lines are
pulled out unless you have a conference with the teachers
and maintenance people.
--
		Newton Hunt
		Highland Park, NJ