Piano Warrenty/False Beats

Newton Hunt nhunt@jagat.com
Mon, 15 Jan 2001 18:06:50 -0500

> Press on the top of the bridge pin for the offending string with a brass rod and walla! false beat gone. Totally gone. One nice clear consistent tone.

Any problem, properly stated is the solution.  The problem
is loose bridge pins.  The solution is to tighten the bridge
pins.  CA has been successfully solving this problem for
several years.  The trick is to get into the bridge and not
on the bridge, to fill the whole hole (bottom to top).  The
strings will have to be moved off the bridge for safety's
sake and replace _after_ the CA ha set.  This is safe, easy,
permanent and quick.

I doubt "Boston" will cover the cost but you should discuss
the issues with them anyway and you might get some warranty
work out of it.

Recapping the bridge is not necessarily going to "solve" the
problem.  Too complex and far too expensive.  Do check the
bearing and crown before talking to them about it.
--
		Newton
		mailto:nhunt@jagat.com