How to go adjusting that fly in the window...

jolly roger baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Thu, 18 Jan 2001 08:47:54 -0600

>Hi, Paul!  I'm still thinking of bringing a "log" for the fire Saturday...
;-}

>The Baldwin service manual (from ca. 1984) breathes nary a word re:
>removing Renner action let-off rail, though it _does_ say where to set the
>jack with "pear" knuckles. ;-}
>
>BTW, newer models attach the rail UP from the bottom.  I service an older
>SD-6 which has the attachment screws going DOWN through the rail, and the
>hammer flanges at those points have semi-circular cutouts for that access.

Hi Conrad,
                 The Yamaha tool works on all Baldwin models.  Slip the
head of the tool in between the capstans at the top,(lots of space between
the wires)  then slid it down between the dowel. It is harder doing it from
the bottom, since the let off button felt often over hangs the capstan dowel.
Regards Roger