Steinway Unveils New PSO

Billbrpt@AOL.COM Billbrpt@AOL.COM
Wed, 24 Jan 2001 00:12:52 EST

List,

Since Steinway, from what I have heard, is the company that started the use
of everyone's favorite acronym, I thought it most appropriate to use it this
time, myself.  I wonder if Steinway will call its own product a "PSO"?

NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Jan. 23, 2001--New York based Steinway

Sons, a subsidiary of Steinway Musical Instruments, Inc. (NYSE:<A HREF="aol://4785:LVB">LVB</A>),
introduces Essex, its third line of grand and upright pianos. The Essex line
was unveiled to Steinway & Sons' authorized dealers from North and South
America last week during the National Association of Music Merchants' annual
trade show. Designed by Steinway & Sons' engineers and manufactured to
exacting Steinway specifications, the Essex sets new standards for pianos in
its price range.

On the outside, Essex cabinetry is streamlined and geometrically carved with
the grace and elegance of the art-deco era of the 1920s and 1930s. "The Essex
was designed to evoke the art-deco era and the creativity and sophistication
associated with it", said Bob Dove, Executive Vice President and General
Manager of Boston Piano Company, which markets Essex. To satisfy wide-ranging
decorating styles and color palettes, Essex pianos are offered in polished
and satin finishes including ebony, walnut, mahogany, cherry, white, ivory,
oak and ash. The initial line will consist of two grand and two upright
models, ranging in price from $5,200 to $17,800. Now, with the Essex,
Steinway provides pianos for every level of musical ability and budget.

Steinway & Sons is a subsidiary of Steinway Musical Instruments Inc. (NYSE:
LVB), one of the world's leading manufacturers of musical instruments. In
addition to Steinway, Boston and Essex pianos, the company produces a
complete line of orchestral and band instruments through its Selmer and UMI
subsidiaries. These instruments include such notable products as Armstrong
flutes, Bach trumpets, C.G. Conn trombones, Ludwig drums and Selmer
saxophones. Additional information can be obtained by visiting our web site:
www.steinwaymusical.com.