Tuning pin polisher

larudee@pacbell.net larudee@pacbell.net
Sat, 27 Jan 2001 07:40:32 -0800

Todd,

In that situation I have left the old pins in, turned them out only as
little as necessary (usually not more than about one turn), and made the
coils before putting them on the strings.  Works great if the pins are solid
to begin with, and smaller pins are always better, everything else being
equal.

I have used the Schaff cleaning supplies and they work well, although some
pins shine up better than others, depending on the metal used by the
manufacturer.

Paul S. Larudee