Key Leveling

Joe & Penny Goss imatunr@primenet.com
Sat, 27 Jan 2001 08:35:59 -0700

Hi,
I use the Carl Meyer leveling devise. But since I like the gentle rise from
the key blocks to the center of the keyboard, after getting the keys both
sharps and whites level, I add the thickness of a busness card under the
balance rail as close to center if I can, giving a crown to the level. Then
after touch is set using the wedge shaped guage with markings going from 00
both ways.
You get real good fast in getting the right punching with the guage. And a
quick ckeck of the end reading and center reading will get the crown into
the after touch.
Joe Goss
imatunr@primenet.com
http://www.primenet.com/~imatunr/