bosendorfer research

Dwight Pile dwight_pile@hotmail.com
Thu, 26 Jul 2001 07:54:46 -0400

Thanks for those who responded to my bosendorfer inquiry, especially Brian.
I didn't hear anyone say that they had experience with crown loss as a
result of a hit.  It does surprise me that a 30 year old bosey would lose
all crown (and yes, this was measured independently from the downbearing).
Would you say that this is unusual?

And for you theorists, is a piano more stable or less stable as the
downbearing and or crown goes up or down?  On one hand, there is less
vertical (grandly speaking) movement with an humidity increase if there is
no crown...

Dwight Pile