miking procedure

Phil Bondi tito@PhilBondi.com
Sat, 3 Nov 2001 05:00:29 -0500

I have been asked to inquire about find out what might be recommended for a
soundboard pick-up type of arrangement for a 9'er.

The Tech Director thought for sure I would know, but when I told him I have
only seen condenser mics on 9'ers AND that I haven't been in the sound
reinforcement business for quite some time, he asked me if I could find out
what might be recommended.

He mentioned Barcus Berry..I have heard Hepinstil is back in business on a
limited bases..I thought I'd ask 'the choir' what you might recommend for a
soundboard-type pick-up for a 9'er, and, how many I would need to satisfy
the instrument.

Thanks,
Phil