YC Strike Weights etc

Sat, 03 Nov 2001 22:20:27 +0100

David Love wrote:

> Though the assist springs will take care of some problems if you miss, the
> FW/SW relationship will not guarantee you a certain BW.

Well of course it wont.. you have to make sure that the WBW
(KR X WRW) is also to specification.

> If you set the FW
> at maximum and set up your SW's to a corresponding curve without measuring
> the BW that  corresponds to that relationship you could end up with a nice
> curve and a BW of 50.  I would check to see where the FW maximum (and I
> would generally not set it at the maximum, it gives no room for adjustment),
> puts your BW at a given SW.  Be sure that's what you want.  You can adjust
> the SW if it isn't or examine the geometry to see if the knuckle radius/key
> ratio is a good match.

If you set FW to maximums, Select and install a SW curve for
a given overall Ratio and BW specification then you all you
have to do to make all the bricks fall into the right places
is insure that the WBW is correct for that specification.
That means just making sure that your KR times your Whippen
radius weight ends up being 9.0 grams. When all this is
done, then whatever uneveness remains is due to friction
issues, and your BW will be as you specified.

Rewrite the Balance equation... BW = (R * SW) - FW + WBW.

Davids Smart Chart lines SW Curves up against given R's that
yeild FW Ceiling values for a given BW spec with WBW at 9
grams.

I have done this on 9 actions so far... and I can assure you
it works perfectly. It is tho... a bit confining as you are
limited to what the FW ceiling table allows for in any given
situation. But it does work out as I have described.

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.