Oops?

Billbrpt@AOL.COM Billbrpt@AOL.COM
Sun, 4 Nov 2001 18:25:20 EST

In a message dated 11/4/01 5:15:49 PM Central Standard Time, kam544@flash.net
 writes:

> Customer played on all the other small pianos and found exactly what she
> wanted.  One that was over a 100 cents flat and out-of-tune.
>
> Just like she remembered it should be from her days of growing up.

ROLF! (as Richard B. says).  I've had this situation a few times too.  The
customer may not really want the pitch raised.  It's important to find out
what they really want before you work too hard just to have an unhappy
customer.

Here is my opinion on the 100+ cent pitch raise.  You're only fooling
yourself if you think you can do it with any fewer than 4 passes and even
after all that, it won't quite be what you'd call "stunning".

Bill Bremmer RPT
Madison, Wisconsin