Piano tuning training

Tom Driscoll tomtuner@mediaone.net
Sun, 4 Nov 2001 18:58:45 -0800

----- Original Message -----
From: "Lev Mallinger" <lev@www.com>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Sunday, November 04, 2001 3:19 PM
Subject: Piano tuning training

> I am interested in exploring a career
> as a piano technician. I live in Los Angeles
> and have the following questions:
>
> 1. how can I determine if I have the
> aptitude and talent for this?

Lev,
    The most important  criteria is to be able to listen to the following
comments from customers for the duration of your working life:

        1. When I was a kid we had a piano tuner who was blind !
        2. You can tune a piano but you can't tuna fish !
        3. When I was a kid we had an old piano and my Father and brothers
smashed it up and
            took it to the dump !
        4.This was my Grandmothers Betsy Ross spinet---she was a concert
pianist !
        5.Do you do this full time?
        6. How did you get into this line of work---Did your father teach
you ?
        7. So you must play the piano .

        I could go on but my business line is ringing------Hello.--- No you
don't have to bring the piano to me----