Off topic-Rhapsody in Blue

Dpshans@AOL.COM Dpshans@AOL.COM
Sun, 4 Nov 2001 21:44:10 EST

Charles,

The story I always heard was that the original piano solo was handled by
classically trained people at Warner Brothers, who were a bit perplexed by
Gershwin's composition, and transcribed it as best they could.  At last
that's the story.

Alicia Zizzo has produced an annotated version, which she has extensively
researched, and claims to be "Restored to Gershwin's Original Manuscript." It
is also available through Warner Brothers.  I'm not sure of a catalog number,
but these numbers are on the back page:   ISBN 157623-702-8,  and the bar
code reads: 29156 27571.

Take care,

Dan