Astonia(?) grand

VOCE88@AOL.COM VOCE88@AOL.COM
Wed, 7 Nov 2001 23:55:06 EST

In a message dated 11/7/01 1:48:35 PM Eastern Standard Time, Wimblees@AOL.COM
writes:

> I don't have any personal experience with the instrument as far as tuning
> is concerned, but there is a 9' Estonia grand in the show room of the local
> piano dealer. It sounds great, and plays nice. So if your friend likes it,
> then by all means, have him buy it. But if his budget only allows him to
> pay $39,000 for a piano, perhaps a 7'- 7'9" grand for the same price
> (Petrof, Yamaha, Kawai, Schimmel), might be a better investment.
>
> Wim

Wim,

I respectfully disagree. Play a few Estonias before you make a judgement call
like this one. I mean play them right out of the box! Don't tune it first,
don't touch the regulation, don't do any voicing, then tell me what you
think.

Again, Respectfully,

Richard Galassini
Cunningham Piano Co & Factory