Tuned front duplexes

Overs Pianos sec@overspianos.com.au
Thu, 8 Nov 2001 19:42:27 +1100

Del wrote:

>  >To the best of my knowledge it has never been tested in any way. I have
>  > never believed this to be true though I've certainly heard it often enough.
>>  I've always felt it was just a way to make the noises that couldn't be taken
>>  away and kept away palatable to the performer and/or owner. Kind of like
>>  telling the artist that his seat is the worst one in the house and the piano
>>  really sounds best about ten or twelve rows back. If that is truly the case
>  > we should all be ashamed of ourselves.

Exactly Del, dosen't it all sound just a bit like a excuse. No matter
how noises are justified with explanations of how it helps so called
projection, it's still noise. It ain't musical as you rightly pointed
out in another post.

Richard wrote:

>Well, I have seen a demonstration on three occasions now where a
>Steinway D and
>a Yamaha CFIII have been on the same stage, and 20 meters back or more the
>Yamaha fades out and becomes difuse...

Maybe, but it wouldn't have a thing to do with the front duplexes,
since both Steinway and Yamaha try to get the front duplexes to tune.
So the difference has to be somewhere else.

Ron O
--

Website:  http://www.overspianos.com.au
Email:        mailto:ron@overspianos.com.au