plates

James Grebe pianoman@accessus.net
Tue, 13 Nov 2001 06:52:40 -0800

In a recent salvaging of the usable parts off of an Oak Everett 11 of late
vintage because of a cracked plate in the alto section through the hitch pin
area I was wondering if there is any less plate cracking in the so-called
Vacume molding plates as compared to the regular sand cast plates.  I do not
recall an imported piano having a cracked plate.

If so, are guys repairing them in the same way as sand cast plates?
Thanks,
Jim
James Grebe
R.P.T. of the P.T.G.
Piano Tuner-Technician
1526 Raspberry Lane
Arnold, MO 63010
314 845-8282
"Creator of "Handsome Hardwood Caster Cups",
"Practical Piano Benches", and "Piano Bench Buddies"
Since 1962