Let me introduce myself.

Wed, 14 Nov 2001 20:36:57 +0100

I dunno Greg.. I do this for regulars.. 5 bucks off a 100 dollar tuning isnt
much, and I find that tuning a piano year in and year out it does get easier.
But thats not so relevant in my case as I sell time slots for and not tunings.
I find its worth in several ways to encourage that kind of regular service. I
have about 70 % of my work from the University, 10 % from school contracts
where I tune all the pianos 4 times in a school year, and the rest goes to
customers that at this point I have on my regulars list. That pretty much
fills my year and allows for pretty easy regulation of my time, and at the
same time allows me a feeling that I am actually accomplishing something
beyond just yanking pianos up to pitch if you get my meaning.

AND !!! grin.. it gives any and all new kids on the block plenty of stuff to
do as I always refer my "call ins" to young kids who demonstrate a serious
commitment to learning the trade. And heck.. they need the work as a general
rule.

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.