Let me introduce myself.

David Renaud drjazzca@yahoo.ca
Wed, 14 Nov 2001 15:54:46 -0500 (EST)

 Same price.
  A regular client reaps the rewards of an
easy tuning as I am disposed to do more.

And there is more to do forever.

   Tighten screws, do a little let-off, improve
hammer,
line, tighten pedals, lubricate them, level a key,
voice an outstanding hammer, clean out some dirt etc,
etc. Whatever seems most appropriate if there is time.

 I believe this "free" time is a profitable
 for two reasons.

 1) It is in this 5min to 30min period most
    full day or half day maintanace work is sold.
    Most Dammp-Chasers, hammer jobs, etc. are sold
    with the client seeing and appreciating what
  regulation is, what voicing is.

 2) I believe it shows the client I care. Increases
    their loyalty. It increases trust, If I recommend
    something, they are more incline to do it.

  Regular clients are the key to high income.
  I can do 5 regulars easy in a day.
  3 new ones can be far more stressful,
  takes far more time, produces less income
  at the end of the week.

Perhaps extra time is spent on client education,
chatting with a client. During a 45min tuning
yesterday, I realized as the furnace kicked in,
the piano sits upon a heat vent. I spent my 30min
convincing them to move the piano to the other wall.

I love my regulars because saving time is money.
They are low stress, and low maintanace.

For one... I don't need to spend time with a map.
I would rather do 2 min of tighten hardware then
2min with my map.

Also, I hate calling strangers to sell, but after
many years visting their homes they ask me to call and
remind them. I don't like to sell. I don't have to
sell because they are looking over my shoulder
asking "what are you doing", and they want more.

  Actually, its become a problem...theres too much
work. When they ask for more I find myself putting
some off.
    Gotta love it.

                    Dave Renaud
                    RPT