Angelus- Help wanted

Ray T. Bentley Ray@Bentley.net
Tue, 20 Nov 2001 08:47:28 -0600

Roberto,

Try sending an e mail to Bill Trefts in St. Louis.  He repairs many types of
player mechanisms.  His e mail address is:

wmhtreftsv@juno.com

He will be able to direct you to some information.

--
Ray T. Bentley, RPT
Alton, IL
ray@bentley.net
www.ray.bentley.net

The difficult, I do right away.  The impossible takes a little longer.

From: "Roberto Rovira" <rovatt@speedy.com.ar>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 10:50:19 -0600
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Subject: Angelus- Help wanted

For everyone,
Hi, again, after a while.Some people of the list knows me because I use to
post to the list some time ago. Any way, every day I give an overwiew to the
topics I found interestings to me on the list. Posting today have a reason.
A customer bought an "Angelus"autoplaying device (as I think it would be
called). It is very old, I guess of the beginning of 20 century.It is in a
very good shape. It reproduce music very well that could be heard by the set
of reeds it have. But, it would be not any surprise, it may be happen that
some valve, bellow fabric(?) or joint make loose vaccum and it can't play a
piano keyboard. I looked that the valves(two strips of skin) of both
pedal-bellows were in not good condition and now I am replacing them.
I would like if anyone on the list  that may have experience with this kind
of apparatus, could get in touch with me to advice me to do the best way. I
also would appreciate any graphics or diagrams anyone could find or any site
in internet where I would get information of this topic.The only thing it
seems to be lost is something that must be attached to the pedal levers to
make possible the contact with the piano pedals.Obviously I need information
to make the replacement
Thank you in advance. Happy to be here again .

Roberto Rovira
Buenos Aires
Argentina