Compression waves

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Tue, 20 Nov 2001 17:27:02 -0600

>I've read only the lecture abstract at kth.se and there this is not
>said.  From this you would get a different impression.

That JASA article I mentioned went into better detail, and the patent text
is considerably more detailed than either. If you can actually get a look
at it.

I installed a plug in for the new Tiff standard a couple of years ago when
I had the same problem. Try this:   http://www.alternatiff.com/  I'm
running Netscape, but I assume it will work with IE. I hope. If not, let me
know and I'll see if I can pull them into anything else I have here and
convert them to something friendlier.

>I had better luck with a 1999 patent from Frank Ellis p/n 5,874,685,

Yep, that's why I suggested that one too. That's Jim Ellis, by the way, an
engineer and RPT from Tennessee. I thought he was, or is working for
Baldwin, but I'm not sure. Someone else reading will know. Jim has written
technical articles for the PTG Journal for some years, all extensively
researched, well presented, and informative.

Ron N