compression waves

Wed, 21 Nov 2001 23:48:17 +0100

Might I point out to you two that the fact that the frequencies of the LM are
effected by the speaking length in no way necessarilly bears on whether or not
those frequencies can run along the whole of the string unneffected by
boundries ?

This is also born out by the rod experiment that I posted a link to the other
day. The frequencies of the LM is determined by where the clamp on the rod is
placed, but that in no way affects either the presence or the strength of those
frequencies on the other side of that clamp.

I am also building a monochord to see if I can show exactly this behavior.

RicB

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.