touch up concert tunings

David Renaud drjazzca@yahoo.ca
Tue, 27 Nov 2001 13:04:21 -0500 (EST)

 I also struggle with this, now that I do a hall with
a "D" frequently used 2 shows per day.

 Some technicians I respect do charge a touch up rate
that is half the tuning charge.

  I have not done this yet. My thinking is as follows.

   They need the best possible service, the highest
quality concert tuning, on the shortest possible
notice, at the oddest possible hours. (ie: last month
I had one request at midnight to go in the next day at
5am). Then it takes extra administration and a long
delay to get paid.
  Perhaps this is worth a premium, but instead they
ask for a discount due to volume.

  It is a good gig, good volume, excellent piano,
close to home. Someone could offer to do it for less,
but perhaps there are few people to do this
gig in the first place. I think negative factors
balance off the positive factors, and they already do
get a 10% discount at all times off my road tuning
fee.
Therefore, for now, I have one price to show up.

I'm very interested as to how others established
in busy halls treat this.

                         Dave Renaud
                         RPT

Build your own website in minutes and for free at http://ca.geocities.com