Steinway upright tuning

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Wed, 28 Nov 2001 08:20:55 EST

HazenBannister@cs.com writes:

> Hi List,
>     I was tuning a steinway upright today,and thought about the
> conversation thats been going on about flexing the tuning pin.On a steinway
> upright, it definetely helps
> to get the pin in a neutral position.Most steinway uprights I've ever
> encountered are more difficult to set the pin,compared to other pianos.
> just a thought,
> Hazen Bannister

As far I'm concerned, you can take all Steinway Studios and drop them in the
river. For the money, they're not that great. And as a technician they are
impossible to tune. Yes, they stay where you put them. But by that time
you're arm has fallen off, and you've spent all of you free times doing it.

Ask me what I think of Steinway uprights.

Wim