THE SOLUTION FOR TERRORISM

Brian Trout grandrestorations@yahoo.com
Mon, 1 Oct 2001 12:26:08 -0700 (PDT)

I know this is not piano related, but it brought
to mind a thought...

The right to keep and bear arms is not something
I have a problem with.  But I have to be
realistic and admit that every citizen having
(and/or carrying) a gun is a mistake.  Every
citizen is not capable of that responsibility.
Nor does every citizen want that responsibility.

For those who wish to carry a concealed firearm,
perhaps it would be best that they be required to
go through a comprehensive safety course in
addition to appropriate psycological testing.

I would not wish to deprive any law abiding
citizen capable and responsible enough to be
trusted with a concealed firearm from such.  But
as David I has wondered, "...in your "real world"
would it be better if we all packed guns?", I
would have to say no.

Either extreme is dangerous.  If no one (but the
criminal element, who doesn't care about the law)
has firearms, as in the govenment making it
illegal to own or carry a gun, it leaves much of
the populace more vulnerable than I believe is
socially healthy (my personal opinion).
Everybody and his brother 'packing heat' is just
as dangerous (again, my personal opinion).

I truly believe that the best solution lies
somewhere in the middle.

I suspect that if there had been a few "Kevins"
on those planes a few weeks ago, that perhaps
things might have turned out differently.

Enough out of me...  time to get back to work and
quit stirring the pot...

Best wishes,

Brian T.

=====