Unwrapped ends of bass strings

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Wed, 03 Oct 2001 15:55:00 -0500

>It is a convoluted process, fraught with potential errors but in 30
>years of doing this this is the only rebuilder this is happening to,
>several times.  Where is the error?  I am not certain, hence this thread
>trying to gain insight.
>
>You see the problem?
>
>		Newton

The next obvious question is, why were the rest of the strings installed
after the first few bichords indicated the problem? Also, any chance he
could send you a rubbing with the measurements for a cross check? I'm
picturing someone taking hitch to bridge pin measurements from the bottom
up, and hitch to agraffe measurements from the top down and inverting them
on his list. This might explain why this has happened only to this one
rebuilder - more than once. Mistakes in procedural logic are extremely hard
to identify, because the re-check is subject to the same logic error(s) and
assumptions. Ask any computer programmer.

Ron N