rim laminations

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Wed, 03 Oct 2001 15:39:03 -0500

>Yes, me too, at least for a prototype that I'm building at the moment whose
>primary function is to test the possibilities of a new type of soundboard.

Now this sounds like fun. I'd be interested in anything you'd care to tell.

> -- so I want better reasons for hating
>birch.  Can you give me those reasons?

Microscopic splinters? The stuff is as prickly to work as spruce. I prefer
maple, even though I tend to cut myself on the machined edges occasionally.
Probably just a klutz, but at least I don't spend evenings picking out
splinters I can feel but not see.

Ron N