strange request

Dave Nereson dnereson@dimensional.com
Thu, 4 Oct 2001 05:11:12 -0600

----- Original Message -----
From: Graeme Harvey <gharvey@netsource.co.nz>
To: Pianotech@Ptg.Org <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Thursday, October 04, 2001 2:45 PM
Subject: strange request

> Hello all,
>
> I've been invited onto a group seeking to raise funds to replace a concert
> grand in our local community.
> We're setting various levels of donation with terms like "String" " white
> key" "black key" etc for increasingly large and generous sums.
> We're looking for a suitable term for the top level doners, something that
> describes those keen on pianos and associated music. Piano buff's,
> pianophile's etc don't quite sound right.
>
> Can any of you among the collective piano consciousness on this list help
> out here?
>
> Many thanks,
>
> Graeme Harvey
> New Plymouth
> New Zealand

Too bad it's not an organ you're trying to buy;  they could be "organ
donors".
Let's see, ah . . . keyboard connoisseurs,  keyboard curators,  piano lov...
How 'bout terms like pianissimo, piano, mezzo-forte, forte, fortissimo  or
one octave, two octaves, .... seven octaves,  88'er.   Or baby grand, parlor
grand, conservatory grand, concert grand,  nah ....  How 'bout  etude,
prelude, sonatina, sonata, fantasia, concerto, virtuoso?   --Dave N.