strange request

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Thu, 4 Oct 2001 10:32:13 EDT

In a message dated 10/4/01 3:48:52 AM Central Daylight Time,
gharvey@netsource.co.nz writes:

> We're setting various levels of donation with terms like "String" " white
> key" "black key" etc for increasingly large and generous sums.
> We're looking for a suitable term for the top level doners, something that
> describes those keen on pianos and associated music. Piano buff's,
> pianophile's etc don't quite sound right.
>
> Can any of you among the collective piano consciousness on this list help
> out here?
>
> Many thanks,
>
> Graeme Harvey

This might become a lesson in piano parts and their functions. Action parts
like a hammer, or a key, or a damper, can be bought at $10 or $20 a piece.
Donors can buy a leg for $100, or a caster for $50. How about a lyre for $300
or just a pedal for $25. Then for the more generous donors, they can buy the
fall board for $500 or the music rack for $1000.  And for the persons with
the most to give, the top lid can go for $10,000, and the case for $25,000.

Good luck.

Willem