Verdigris fix

Dick Beaton rbeaton@initco.net
Fri, 5 Oct 2001 15:08:04 -0700

Verdigris fix
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: thepianoarts=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Thursday, October 04, 2001 9:44 PM
  Subject: Verdigris fix=20

  Dale and list,

  Several years ago,  a  tech from a neighboring chapter suggested =
'Kutzit' ( as in stripper) as a=20
  All...

  Sometime in the past the vertigris problem was discussed in length on =
this net..  My understanding is that nothing can be done about it except =
replacement of the affected parts.  That was the conclusion drawn as I =
understood it.=20
  In my own experience with two Steinway Grands......I used Protek =
generously on the hammer flange bushings.  The action freed up nicely on =
both pianos.  One of the pianos was a "D" which had not been played for =
25 years and had been moved from Viginia (wet) to Helena, MT (dry)   It =
would not play....hammers just dropped back slowly.  The Protek did the =
job and the piano has been in use regularly in St. Helena Cathedral ever =
since....6 years or so.  The other is an "O" that I bought and sent to =
my daughter in Silverdale, WA.  It works just fine too.   One comment:  =
The swing check on the "B" showed some variance in the friction, but it =
never did get much of the green stuff .... at least not as much as the =
":D".  Haven't had any complaint from my daughter.  My 2$ worth.
  Dick RPT MT

  possible treatment  in treating vertigris.  I have used it on several =
nasty vertigris Steinways,  grands=20