ET- Expanded Temperament..kinda long.

Sat, 06 Oct 2001 12:25:14 +0200

Richard Moody wrote:

>     when you sound D4--G4--A4  simultaniously I am wondering how that would
> appear on the music staff?.  I question that because I have never heard
> that particular chord used to see if it sounds smooth in temperaments.
> You are playing a major second  G4--A4 with a suspension below that being
> D4.  Maybe the D4 below is not a suspension but I have never heard of using
> a chord with a major second as tests in temperaments.

Hmmm.. an interesting way of describing what amounts to a simultaneous sounding
of the 4th and 5th of D4.  Actually I do this same thing quite frequently. I am
not counting beat rates when listening to this... not directly anyways... just
listening to overall effect. Old fashion (pre beat counter) ear tuning.

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.