Rubbings and patterns

John Delacour JD@Pianomaker.co.uk
Sat, 06 Oct 2001 18:41:22 +0100

At 11:06 06/10/01 -0500, Ron Nossaman wrote:
> >Ron, here's the reason I ask people to reverse this sequence:
>
>JD, though I'm not a string maker, here's the reason I do it from the
>hitch: [.....]I've never gotten a hint from any other string maker that
>this is a problem.

Hey, Ron, I just love to deal with perfect repairers like you and Jon, who
obviously don't need any guidance and will send the most beautiful rubbings
and get lovely sets in return for their pains.

I wrote my message to a list of subscribers who are a cross-section of
tuner/repairers of different levels of skill and neatness, exactly like my
customer base.  Fifteen years of stringmaking and thousands of rubbings
have taught me that if Mr. Average Tuner follows the directions I publish,
he is more likely to send me a readable rubbing and I to send him the set
of strings he deserves.

You've seen enough of other people's work to know just what I mean.

JD