Dampp-Chaser Partial Systems

John Ross piano.tech@ns.sympatico.ca
Sat, 6 Oct 2001 15:08:58 -0300

Hi List,
I had a customer, who came from S.C., she just had the
humidistat and heater
installed. This I can understand, is all that is
needed in that climate.
However the heater bar was plugged into the
de-humidifier socket. It had not
been changed since the original installation, as I had
to cut a ty-wrap so that
it would reach the proper socket. The humidistat was
attached to the side of
the case.
She told me the tech had installed lots of them, and
demonstrated to her that
it was working, because it was hot.
I can only assume that he thought it was mislabelled.
I thought about it and
figured that he probably came from an air-conditioned
car, to the house, which
wasn't and not realizing the humidistat is slow
acting, put it in the only
socket which would work.
The only other thought is he was one of the 'red neck'
ones we joke about, and
didn't know the difference between de-humidifier, and
humidifier :-)
Regards,
John M. Ross
Windsor, Nova Scotia, Canada