Rubbings and patterns

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Sat, 06 Oct 2001 13:26:06 -0500

>Hey, Ron, I just love to deal with perfect repairers like you and Jon, who
>obviously don't need any guidance and will send the most beautiful rubbings
>and get lovely sets in return for their pains.

I'm glad I could help make your day John, but while it's gratifying to me
to bring you such happiness, I certainly don't need or deserve the
unnecessary flattery of being termed perfect.

>I wrote my message to a list of subscribers who are a cross-section of
>tuner/repairers of different levels of skill and neatness, exactly like my
>customer base.  Fifteen years of stringmaking and thousands of rubbings
>have taught me that if Mr. Average Tuner follows the directions I publish,
>he is more likely to send me a readable rubbing and I to send him the set
>of strings he deserves.
>
>You've seen enough of other people's work to know just what I mean.
>
>JD

I have, as I have also seen a considerable quantity of first rate results
from other techs using processes differing substantially from mine.

Ron N