Planer and keytops

Bdshull@AOL.COM Bdshull@AOL.COM
Fri, 12 Oct 2001 21:53:55 EDT

In a message dated 10/12/01 5:14:48 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
cgregg@cadvision.com writes:

<< Also, I don't think it is important to take away a lot of the surface of
the key top.  I remove the key top and then use the planer to cleanoff old
glue and get a clean, even, and square surface.  >>

Chris,

Don't you want to achieve the same overall height as with original keytop?
That could mean removal of .040-.050" of wood if the original was ivory.  Any
different dimension then the original and you run into regulation problems.

Bill Shull