Piano Fiasco

Richard Moody remoody@midstatesd.net
Fri, 12 Oct 2001 21:35:52 -0500

| There is no law against making a poor deal. I found out about this in
small
| claims court.

    You may have lost in small claim court but be reassured you did a good
deed for the used piano sales in the music industry.  The "dealer" does not
want to go through another court ordeal and the publicity that comes from
it.
     Also realize there are other means besides court measures.  A call or
better yet visit to the attorney general's office often brings results
better than SCC although it might take longer.
    The attorney generals office will give you advice about what laws you
may have rights under, and will even write letters if they think laws are
in violation.   A letter from the attorney genreal or states attorney may
have more influence with less effort than going through Small Claims
rt    ---ric