SV: Noric Convention.

Kjell Sverre Fardal ksfardal@online.no
Mon, 15 Oct 2001 16:01:31 +0200

Richard Brechne wrote:

< Up in all this I got to make my debut as a lecturer giving
<an hour long introduction to the Stanwood approach to action balancing
<(Touchweight design). I have to admit I felt very small and
<insignificant alongside such esteemed members of our greater Piano
<industry family.

I just wanted to tell you that your introduction to the Stanwood-method was
one of the highlights at the Nordic Convention!  A well prepared, and
brilliant performed show,    ; -)      made us really listening without
falling asleep (some of the participants did have some problems with that
later on that day...).  It was also a good idea having your own stand during
the whole convention. As far as I could see, you got the opportunity to give
individual demonstrations of the "Stanwood-method" to a lot of Scandinavian
collegues.

At the 2002-convention in Bergen, I hope it would be possible for you to
give a "follow-up" lecture on the C-grand at your university. If you don`t
mind, I will suggest it to Nils Henrik!

By the way: Why should YOU (one of the tallest pianotuners in
Scandinavia!!!) feel very small among us?      Grin...

I forgot to ask you a little question yesterday: Does the Stanwood-method
include taking any measures or weights of the dampers / damper-levers, or
does it only include the action and keybord?

Thanks for a great weekend, Richard!

Kjell Sverre

Kjell Sverre Fardal, NPTF
Kristiansand/Norway
ksfardal@online.no

<All in all a wonderful weekend that once again demonstrates beyond any
<doubt at all what a benefit it is to become a part of associations like
<the PTG, the NPTF, and all our sister organizations around the globe. I
<think back to the time where I sat and thought I was "just as good as
<any of those others" and didn't need or want to hang out with the "club
<boys and girls" . How very very foolish I was. And how very very glad I
<am to have been fortunate enough to been given a wake up call a few
<years back.

<Thanks again Sweden !! You guys and gals put on a great show !!
--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.