sqeaky Langer actions

Newton Hunt nhunt@optonline.net
Tue, 16 Oct 2001 11:34:02 -0400

There are three major squeak sources on a vertical action.

The hangers for the lift rod, which you attended to,

The rod and the lever felt, harder to get to,

And the spring seats.

I prefer to spray teflon powder based lubricant onto the lever felt
using a tube and nozzle from a WD-40 containing (if they are
interchangeable) or remove or unscrew the damper stop rail and that will
give enough clearance to spray the felts directly.

Protek the spring seats or use a pencil to lubricate.  Only a little is
needed.

Also check the pitman ends, pedal prop, pedal pivot, springs and the
piano bottom board for squeak sources.

		Newton