pin tightener

Clyde Hollinger cedel@supernet.com
Wed, 17 Oct 2001 07:47:29 -0400

I find it hard not to try something, but maybe that is the best way to go.
If the tuning pins allow enough room, you could try removing the action,
supporting the pinblock, and tapping each pin somewhat.  Do a few, then try
them for tightness.  If you're happy with the results, do the whole piano.  I
did this once on a 1974 Kawai KG-2C grand piano.  When I was finished it
tuned like a new pinblock.

Other than that, I would try the CA glue approach, from the top, although
I've had results varying from excellent to not good.  I almost always inform
the client that this is a "band-aid" fix and worth a try because it's
relatively cheap, but there are no guarantees.

Regards, Clyde