Running CA... an idea?

Brian Trout grandrestorations@yahoo.com
Thu, 18 Oct 2001 05:25:32 -0700 (PDT)

I confess, I haven't followed the entire thread,
but rather checked in from time to time.

I know what happens when the kicker meets a pool
of CA...  styrofoam!  (sure looks like it)

I haven't tried this, but it came to mind...

I've heard that one of the things that can help
the CA to set up is water.  (I think this is the
basic premise behind Susan Kline's CA and white
glue techniques.)

What would happen if, after you've applied the CA
to the pinblock, you took a spray bottle with
nothing more than water in it and lightly sprayed
the entire pinblock area?  I did say lightly.
And if you're worried about rust, take a hair
dryer to it briefly immediately afterward.  That
would dry the water up quickly.  Would the heat
from the hair dryer help at all with the CA
curing?

Anybody out there tried it?

Just some thoughts that came galloping through...

Back to work.

Brian T.

=====
Brian Trout