Patrick Poulson/Square Grands

Jon Page jonpage2001@mediaone.net
Thu, 18 Oct 2001 08:45:35 -0400

At 01:51 AM 10/18/2001 -0300, you wrote:

 > Pat and List,
 > Tis a pity that MODERN Technicians, can't take the time to service
Square Grands.
>Hi Joe,
>Tell my back that, after I have tuned one. (When I used to) I was sore for
>three days.
>I don't think there is an easy way to tune them.
>Regards,
>John M. Ros

Joe,
There's a 7' Chickering Square in New Bedford, Mass. that the owner is
searching for a tuner.
After many years of servicing this piano I was not interested in
prostrating myself across the
strings to tune it again.  A nice piano but not worth the effort without a
3' handle on the hammer.

Tuning these things really keeps you on your toes,