Steinway hammer alignment

Isaac OLEG SIMANOT oleg-i@wanadoo.fr
Fri, 19 Oct 2001 00:45:26 +0200

Hello,

I give that little trick to your attention.

I use a little 4 ' piece of an old S&S rail, and glue on it a piece of the
wonderful 3M "Microfinishing film" (wich is a first choice for voicing and
fine hammer filing/fitting).

Then I have a file to correct a flange witch would need too much papering.

I suggest you to try this film, graduation in microns, correspondence from
150 to 4000 sanding paper approx, the film is rigid and ideal for hammer
work. sold in self-adhesive or sheets.
The 8microns quality is smooth as a baby skin !

good for the rollers too.

regards.

Isaac