Square Grand/HT Temperaments

Joseph Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Thu, 18 Oct 2001 19:29:21 -0700

To all who will,
I have long held that HT are not appropriate on modern pianos, because of
the extremely high tensions & volume and to differing inharmonicity. (Flame
suit still zipped up tight) I would like to know how many of you HT Tuners
have used it on an Historical Instrument, such as the square grand or the
Square piano or even the lowly Over-Damper upright.??????? I have tried it
several times and I personally find that the historic temperaments lend
themselves far better to these type of instruments. How's that for a
thought?
Best Regards,
Joe Garrett, (Oregon)