Yamaha shank bending pliers

jolly roger baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Thu, 18 Oct 2001 21:14:45 -0500

>>  > I'm trying to find a source for Yamaha shank bending pliers to alter
>>  > them for in-piano damper lead tightening, as per Roger Jolly's
>>  > design.  I think the main advantage of these pliers is that they are
>>  > longer than most, making the job easier.

Hi Jon,
            A correction,  The pliers were designed by Ron Giesbrecht,
service manager, and concert tech for Yamaha Canada.
The length of the handles is what produces the power.  The spring steel
handles make them very durable.  Makes a great voicing tool,  that was my
addition, lazy as usual.  <G>
Roger