Moving Questions

Stephen Haasch s.haasch@worldnet.att.net
Fri, 19 Oct 2001 23:09:54 -0400

I have been independently tuning home and church pianos or about 5 years. I
will now be moving to a suburb village of a major northern city. I come from
the South. This is my first move since acquiring these skills.

I know that in this suburban villiage, that there is a well known piano
tuner and another tuner a couple of villages over. I have no idea what
impact a second tuner will have in this area or on the other man's business.

If you were to have someone like myself come and move into your village, I
can imagine that you might be threatened or concerned. I would like to go in
with high ethics and respectfulness.  I am a part time tuner and would like
to grow a business of 6-8 pianos a week.

Do you have two or three suggestions or thoughts which I might keep in mind.

Thanks a lot.
Steve