Cold

Fri, 19 Oct 2001 21:04:15 -0700

----- Original Message -----
From: "Avery Todd" <avery@ev1.net>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: October 19, 2001 5:23 PM
Subject: Re: Cold

> Hi Del,
>
> How about a 1925 era Baldwin pinblock? I have a reason for asking. :-)
>
> Avery
>
> At 09:36 PM 10/19/01 +0200, you wrote:

Nope. Only the so-called 41-ply built from, what, the early 1950s? The
process used to make these was derived from a material called ComPreg
developed during WWII for use as engine mounts in mine-sweepers. Wood
based--hence non-magnetic--and impervious to heat, cold, wet, dry and
anything in between. Check the archives if you're interested, I've written
on this before.

Del