more on this temperament thing...

A440A@AOL.COM A440A@AOL.COM
Sat, 20 Oct 2001 00:20:52 EDT

David writes:
<<In the following you write about how this group finds an HT SUPERIOR to ET
and then how ET has contributed to the decline of civilization and then at
the end you wonder why ET tuners get defensive?

     I very clearly said that the HT-only AND ET-only tuners seem defensive.
Please don't polarize what I say one way or another!  As far as "writing
about how ET has contributed to the decline, I only illuminated postions that
others have taken.

>>Do you offer HT tunings for free?
  No.

>>If they don't like it do you come back and retune with something else for
free? <<

 Yes, I have been asked to do this four times in 7 years,  and after retuning
two of those pianos back to ET, (a week later),  the customers paid me AGAIN
to put it back into the well-temperament I had originally sold them.  The
other two?  They prefer an equal temperament, and I am glad to sell them
those.

>> I do have a life other
than pianos...how about you?>>

Well, yes,  but not that I think appropriate to spend bandwidth on here.
Should I post about shooting dove or skeet?  Or cam timing and bearing
clearances on high performance racing engines?  Or the canvases we paint
here, or the child-raising we do, or all the other facets of our life?  I
don't care to load a piano technicians list with all this other stuff, I
thought we were all here on this cyber-plane to discuss our common interest,
ie, pianos, and keep it at that.  Why would I be asked if I have a life?
Regards,
Ed Foote