Moving Questions

Jon Page jonpage2001@mediaone.net
Sat, 20 Oct 2001 08:51:51 -0400

At 11:09 PM 10/19/2001 -0400, you wrote:
>I have been independently tuning home and church pianos or about 5 years. I
>will now be moving to a suburb village of a major northern city. I come from
>the South. This is my first move since acquiring these skills.
>
>I know that in this suburban villiage, that there is a well known piano
>tuner and another tuner a couple of villages over. I have no idea what
>impact a second tuner will have in this area or on the other man's business.
>
>If you were to have someone like myself come and move into your village, I
>can imagine that you might be threatened or concerned. I would like to go in
>with high ethics and respectfulness.  I am a part time tuner and would like
>to grow a business of 6-8 pianos a week.
>
>Do you have two or three suggestions or thoughts which I might keep in mind.
>
>Thanks a lot.
>Steve

The appropriate action would be to introduce yourself and offer your
assistance and intentions.
Who knows, they may be wishing there _were_someone else to refer some
customers.

Get acquainted, you'll probably become friends.

Regards,

Jon Page,   piano technician
Harwich Port, Cape Cod, Mass.
mailto:jonpage2001@mediaone.net