Moving Questions

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Sat, 20 Oct 2001 10:13:42 EDT

In a message dated 10/19/01 10:20:44 PM Central Daylight Time,
s.haasch@worldnet.att.net writes:

> If you were to have someone like myself come and move into your village, I
> can imagine that you might be threatened or concerned. I would like to go in
> with high ethics and respectfulness.  I am a part time tuner and would like
> to grow a business of 6-8 pianos a week.
>
> Do you have two or three suggestions or thoughts which I might keep in mind.
>
> Thanks a lot.
> Steve

Steve

First of all, it's a free country, and any one is allowed to be in business,
and "do their own thing," so to speak.

I would do as Jon suggests, and introduce yourself to the other piano tuner.
Find out when the next chapter meeting is, provided the major city has a PTG
chapter, and introduce yourself to all the other piano tuners. If this major
city is like others that I know, there is always room for another piano
tuner. If your intention is to only tune 6-8 pianos a week, you won't be much
of a threat to the other tuners.

Go and enjoy your new environs, and have at it. You'll make new friends and
your business will grow in no time.

Willem