Speaking of hammers...

David Stanwood dstanwood@hotmail.com
Mon, 22 Oct 2001 15:32:47 +0000

>From: "DALE ERWIN" <erwinpiano@msn.com>
>Subject: Re: Speaking of hammers...
>Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2001 20:07:07 -0700

>Hi David

>...I did hang a set of Isaac hammers recently and the weight was really
>high even on cherry moldings.  I've found cherry moldings to be very
>inconsistent in weight. Notes 16 at 10.5 grams ,40- 9.4  ,64-8ish.  The
>usual great sound but all lot of whittling.

>    Best-----Dale Erwin

Hi Dale,

So if your talking ready to hang hammer weight then according to my
terminology your saying #16=1/4 High, #40=1/4 High, and #64=3/4 High...

Just trying to get us in the habit of using common Language ....

Hammer Weight Standards and nomenclature at:

http://www.stanwoodpiano.com/tech.htm

I think I'll add a quick reference table for finding Hammer Weight Level
using partial samples...

David