Keyboard frame question

jolly roger baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Mon, 22 Oct 2001 10:45:40 -0500

>Interesting. During the 70s and 80s S&S practice was to bed the keyframe
>with the ends just off the keybed surface so that the blocks would pull them
>down slightly when seated and screwed in place. The idea, I was told, was to
>be sure the front rail would remain snug to the keybed surface even if the
>rail were to warp slightly.
>
>Del

Hi Del,
           I was told the same story, can't say I agree with their
thinking.   It's still advisable to check them three ways.  Free, blocks
secured, and unicorda fully depressed.
I have done enough of them, not to be concerned about the quality of the
epoxy.   If you heat the epoxy it thins and wicks quite well, for a strong
bond, plus it sets up faster, to be be usable in 20min.   Fast no nonsense
field or shop repair.

Roger