pins and needles

Susan Kline sckline@home.com
Tue, 23 Oct 2001 22:29:25 -0700

At 08:46 PM 10/23/2001 -0500, you wrote:
>It will suprise you how many you will use.
>Regards Roger

Regards, Roger

It surprises me how few I use. After several years,
I finally had to replace my chopstick tool needle,
and even that didn't break off in a hammer. An incautious move
picking it up wedged the rubber tubing guard between a tuning
pin and a plate strut, and snapped the needle off. The piece
was stuck sideways in the rubber tubing, and it was quite
hard to get out, but at least I knew where it was.

I press rather than whack when voicing, that is, when
I am not using ethanol and water 1/2 and 1/2 instead of
needles.

Susan